This episode guide has yet to be completed. Please help by expanding this article.
Miss Fortune is the eighteenth episode of the first season of the CBS series, Ghost Whisperer, originally premiering on March 10, 2006. The episode was written by Emily Fox and directed by James Chressanthis, and recieved a total of 10.38 million viewers. The circus arrives in town and brings with it the spirit of a man who thinks his brother murdered him. Melinda must help this ghost come to terms with his death and his brother.
- Jonathan Firth as Edward Pierce
- Alicia Lagano as Lilia
- Fay Masterson as Vera
- Orlando Seale as Ambrose Pierce
- Dariush Kashani as Bobby Tooch
- Sandriel Frank as Burlesque Dancer
- Joseph S. Griffo as Stretch
- Blair Hickey as Dummy / Ventriloquist Ghost
- Christy McGinity as Valkyrie
- Ted Shred as Fire Eater
- Mike Cochrane as Carney
edward the great
- This episode gathered a total of 10.38 million viewers.
- Andrea's death was forseen in this episode while Andrea was having her palms read, the reading showed that there would be tears and pain linked to her brother (at the time Andrea thought it would be her losing her brother when in fact, it was the other way around).
- Factual errors: The sawing a woman in half illusion is just that - an illusion. Though it appears that half of the woman is in one box and half in the other, in fact she is entirely contained in the top box and the bottom box is empty. Therefore, when the magician is spooked by the ghost early in the show and his saw drifts off-target into the bottom box, his female assistant is in no danger whatsoever - she is squeezed up in the top box. But Melinda jumps up and yells, "stop!", the magician draws out a saw covered with blood, and later Jim is seen patching the girl's legs and saying the cuts are only superficial. The magician's saw would never even have been near the girl's legs.